Kaiju Company @ APW, Bangsar

Kaiju Company is a restaurant that serves Thai x Japanese cuisine. Decorated with a 30 meters origami dragon lantern hanging by the ce...


Kaiju Company is a restaurant that serves Thai x Japanese cuisine. Decorated with a 30 meters origami dragon lantern hanging by the ceiling, it looks pretty impressive I must say. The place however is really small so seats are limited. It is also crowded during dinner time so the first time I went, there was a long queue so I decided not to wait. This time, there was also a queue and I had to wait for almost an hour (something which I won't normally do but it was a friend's birthday dinner). 

Lychee Pop- RM 10
My friends orders Thai Ice Tea (RM 10) which was way too sweet that they had to ask the waiter to add water in their drinks to lessen the sweetness.

Funky Unagi Tempura- RM 24
Aroi Cheese Tori Karaage- RM  20
Sashimin Salad- RM 26
For appetizer, we had the the Funky Unagi Tempura, Aroi Cheese Tori Karaage and Sashimin Salad. The Funky Unagi Tempura is made of unagi and mango tempura with manow sauce which was good. 

Aroi Cheese Tori Karaage is made of fried chicken, spring onion, garlic sauce, tobiko and coriander topped with cheese which was also pretty good, albeit it being a little on the tough side.

And I love the Sashimin Salad which made of mixed raw fish, tobiko, mixed green leaf, egg, house salad sauce and garlic sauce. I love sashimi so as long as the sashimi is fresh, I don't think this dish could go wrong.  

Bara-Bara Chirashi- RM 30
Hawaiian Kaiju Chicken- RM  26
Tom Yam Udon- RM 28
The Bara-Bara Chirashi is a mixed sashimi rice bowl. As I have mentioned earlier, I love sashimi so this dish is good for me.

The Hawaiian Kaiju Chicken is made of chicken patty, fried egg, mushroom and Japanese curry with rice. It was okay, nothing to shout about but the patty was good.

The Tom Yam Udon is made of udon, fish noodle, prawn, squid, mushroom and egg. This dish has a creamy soup base and taste pretty good. 


Overall, the food is average and I wouldn't want to wait for an hour just to dine in here again. They don't do reservation as well so unless you go on weekdays, be prepared for a long queue on weekends. But I guess if you can just wait for the hype of this place to die down, you will be able to have a better eating experience here.


Kaiju Company
Paper Plates, APW Bangsar, 
29, Jalan Riong, Kuala Lumpur.,
Wilayah Persekutuan.

You Might Also Like

1 comments